Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Give cash to the man...

So, I have my basic inventory. I decided to keep the cab as a Jamma compatable system. Why you ask? Because of the ease and availability of Jamma components. Hence why it is called a standard. Buuuut, I wanted more than the limit of buttons in the Jamma standard. I wanted 6 for each player (2 players x 6 buttons). So, I had to figure out how to get these extra buttons into the cab. The problem was my control base was steel.

Yes, steel. I don't know why. It was. Couldn't be wood like the rest could it? Nooooo.

Steel.

But, I digress. The cabinet came with 3 buttons on each side... like soo. I needed to add 3 buttons to each player for a total of 6. Like soo.....

Well... easier said, than done. It took me 3 routing bits to cut the holes I needed and it still wasn't perfect. The holes were to big, but I could fix that when I laid the lexan panel overlay on to it. I would just cut them to shape. Still needs work though. Someday. Someday.

No comments: